MGM wants federal protection against liability from the victims and their families of the tragic shooting at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Several federal lawsuits have been filed by MGM, owner of Mandalay Bay. The company maintains it hired security approved by the Department of Homeland Security, therefore doing everything possible under the law to protect concert attendees from a mass shooting or other large casualty event. MGM’s position is that a long litigation process will do more harm than good for the victims. A Las Vegas attorney who is representing some of the victims finds this idea preposterous and insulting.
How do you get rid of a bad water company? Apparently, all you have to do is threaten them, with a good lawyer, of course. How does it work? Well, your water at home is a reddish color, and not because your water company is serving bloody mary’s either — no! not – it is because they are too cheap to upgrade their pipes. Just in case you are wondering what’s so bad about magnesium (some people spend good money on magnesium that comes in bottles), it’s bad because it comes from old rusty pipes. So, if you need a lesson in how to deal with your local water company, take some time to read this article.
If you’re the adventurous type and planning a Tennessee vacation that will include ziplining you might want to read this article which talks about the T N Zipline Company which has more than 500 reports of gastrointestinal illness from customers and testing of the water has confirmed that it is contaminated with E. Coli. A class action lawsuit is in the works.
A cruise ship is being sued because they have a no slip flooring injury. A passenger ended up falling on some non slip flooring and is now suing the company because of it, He said that the special flooring caused him to fall. He was stepping to throw a beanbag when he fell. This is a common kind of lawsuit on ships.
- Slip and fall accidents are common for cruise ships, with over 100 incidents reported per year leading to judgements in millions of dollars in lawsuits
- Cruise ships are liable for any injuries caused while on board, some cruise ships offer no slip flooring but yet accidents are still possible due to the amount of activity and movement of the cruise
- The cruise operator’s responsibility is to make sure everything is secured and safe while passengers are on board, if there is anything risky that person should clearly notify while on board and during trip
“According to a 2010 survey, usually there are over 100 on-board slip and fall injuries reported per ship per year, and some lead to judgments in the millions of dollars.”
Sitting around a campfire can be an enjoyable pastime for many people. However, this enjoyable experience can unintentionally expose you to injury, illness, liability and even legal action. Preparation and prevention are key to making your campfire memorable for the right reasons. The author offers 5 examples of the risks associated with campfires and provides practical guidance to think about before you build your next campfire.
- Smokey aromas, spooky stories, s’mores, and maybe even some smoked sausages. Make sure you’re keeping that campfire menu safe.
- Most campsites will limit the size of fire you can construct, other locations may allow for larger bonfires. But always check with local ordinances and any specific park rules related to fires before igniting anything.
- When a campfire gets out of control, the damage can be catastrophic. And if you let a campfire turn into a forest fire, you could be facing both civil and criminal liability.
“Whether in a national park or state campground, injuries can happen.”